Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SHIELDS UP, ARMOR ON

It doesn't break my heart knowing I am not the most articulate writer around.  In fact, it doesn't really phase me. There are many other things I would rather spend my time doing.  However, I am smart enough to know the next week of my life has the potential to shape my future thoughts, efforts, feelings and emotions as it relates to the world around me.  I also know that there are 15 others who will be traveling with me who will also share in this "shaping".  Therefore, I will do my very best to share with you, in as much detail as I possibly can, our time as we give ourselves to the people of Guatemala.  I imagine we will run the gambit of emotions, but my prayer is that each team member have a personal and powerful encounter with God, allowing His love to flow unconditionally into the lives of those we come in contact with.  Whatever else happens will be gravy on the biscuit......It's four days before we leave.  My bags are already packed and I can't wait until we board the plane.  I have plenty of fears about this trip, but not for myself or where I will be going.  I hate being away from the most precious gift I have.  I have set up SKYPE on my wife's phone so we can communicate once we are settled in the Mission House.  Everything is in HIS hands-  this I know.......Today I learned that Mike Parker, our host in Guatemala, has come down with a stomach virus.  Must have ingested a parasite.  Be in prayer for his health to be restored.  I know each day leading up to and including our arrival will be filled with "daggers".  Time  for a little "SHIELDS UP, ARMOUR ON" action.  It's time to battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment