Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 1

We have made it. What a journey it has been so far. An emotional send off proved to bring more excitement as we headed south. Our first stop in Chattanooga proved to be uneventful minus Robert Muncy's heroic driving after we made a wrong turn into the mall. After arriving at the Atlanta airport, we bumped into Ludacris?, a supposed rapper( everyone seemed to be excited about it except for me, Bobby, Sue, and John!). After successfully passing security, we all divided for an early supper. I had a little fun hijacking a ride on one of the golf carts in the terminal, Bobby commented that he was sure I would be another one in jail at some point during the trip. About five minutes before we boarded the plane, a gentleman I met inquired about our trip. He said he was Jewish, but he appreciated what we were doing a d wanted to do something for us. He proceeded to pull out a 100 dollar bill and ask if he could donate it to our cause. I hadn't known Jim for 3 minutes. My God is big! Well when I boarded the plane, I noticed Sue standing next to the door to the gate. Didn't know what was going on, but it turned out to be another blessing. Of all the people on the flight (it was pa led full), Sue and Morgan were selected for an upgrade to first class! I was very excited for them both. We had cookies as our in flight meal and I understand they had filet minon and shrimp! Ha , God is good. The flight was good, we all watched a movie. Upon landing, we all split up so not to draw attention tomourselves! Everything up to this point seemed normal. We got our bags and headed out to customs. I was on high alert. I felt a huge responsibility at that very moment to be watchful and ready. We had truly entered into a different world. People were staring at us, and I just wanted to get everyone out of the center of focus. So we stepped to the side and waited for Josh and Emily... Sure enough, everyone made it thru customs except Josh an em. They ended up taking some of our medical supplies away from us, but we were smarter than the average bear... We had spread them out over several suitcases, so all is well. Next we loaded the bus and heAded to Wendy's for a bite to eat. I was surprised to find two small guards patrolling the parking lot with very large sawed off shotguns. At that point, Hayley and Gina were my top priority to watch. SheilA has Jason...emu has Josh... Brandy has Anthony... Sue has Bobby... And whether or not they like it, they have me for this trip (and the others of course. Once we arrived and unpacked, it was time for bed. Bat about two o clock, we called it quits. Morgan, Anthony and Bobby all pet outside! They are hilarious. Well that takes us to now. Going to skype with the church here soon before we bead out into the city. Please continue to pray for us... I feel great things in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. love you brother Tim !!!!be encouraged the best is yet to come !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete